More Options, Better Performance with the AK-5 Pro World Scale Tuning Converter
Explore the full potential of your music and enhance your performances with the new AK-5 Pro World Scale Tuning Converter. Create authentic microtonal keyboard music from your existing gear.
The AK-5 Pro Special Edition is an easy-to-use world scale tuning keyboard converter compatible with most major keyboard brands. It offers an array of customization right at your fingertips.
Easier, Better to Use – with NEW Features
NEW – Control two keyboards simultaneously in Standard and/or Universal Mode with the AK-5 Pro!
We’ve combined all the features you love from the AK-1, AK-2 Pro, AK-3 Pro, and AK-4 Pro with NEW innovations to make the AK-5 better and more enjoyable to use. Innovations include class-compliant USB MIDI interface and Breath Controller/Expression Pedal input (pedals and breath controller purchased separately). It works best with the BCK-1 (Kelfar Technologies Breath Controller).
- Expanded physical memory from the previous edition (AK-4 Pro SE) (NEW)
- Dedicated MIDI In (Standard) and via USB Port 2 (NEW)
- Multiple dedicated MIDI Outputs (Standard) (NEW)
- Multiple dedicated MIDI Outputs via USB Interface (software selectable) (NEW)
- Improved Display settings both in Programming and Short-Cuts modes (NEW)
- Enhanced hardware (NEW)
- Universal MIDI interface to connect with Mac and Windows devices via USB port
- Breath Controller/Expression Pedal input with up to 9 factory preset Curves (Linear, 5*Exponential, Logarithmic, S -Type, N-Type)
- A lightweight, compact design makes it portable and easy to carry to gigs, concerts, or jam sessions with friends
- Connect to TWO synthesizers at once
- Adjust the pitch of each note in the octave (C/Do to B/Si) to -64 to +63 cents
- Transpose two synthesizers at once
- Relay Control Change (CC) MIDI Messages to two Synthesizers
- Send Breath Controller/Expressional Pedal data to 16 user-predefined MIDI channels
- Access microtonal functions via 18 switches
- Store 8 of your favorite user detuned scales
- Program 8 of your favorite user detuned scales by using the Graphic User Interface (GUI)
- Turn off the Breath Controller instantly
- Program the Breath Controller/Expression Pedal functions via the Short-Cuts mode
More Supported Instruments
In the Standard Mode, we have added many new supported instruments to the AK-5 Pro SE that use System Exclusive and CC messages. In addition to the instruments already supported in the previous AK-4 firmware versions, Firmware Version 3.0 and up adds new instruments: Moog, MIDI Tuning Standard, DSI/Sequential, Yamaha Montage6/Montage7/Montage8 with Transpose, GENOS with Transpose, Yamaha PostMidiTranspose (XG NoteShift), Roland E-A, FA-06/FA-07/FA-08 with Transpose, and Kontakt Script with Transpose.
New! Now Compatible with the Korg Trinity V3 Series
You asked, and we listened! We received many requests from people around the world to make the AK-5 Pro SE compatible with the Korg Trinity V3 series. We are thrilled to announce that, YES, it is now compatible! It works in the Universal Mode Firmware Version 3.0 and up. Kelfar Technologies will be releasing a FREE utility for both Mac and Windows to convert your Korg Trinity V3 PCGs to make them compatible with the AK-5 Pro SE.
Save and Share Your Creations – Universal Mode Updated
In Universal Mode, the AK-5 Pro sends the Kelfar Technologies™ algorithms and processes all the incoming MIDI data seamlessly in real time with 14-bit Pitch Bend and 14-bit Fine Tune MIDI data to detune your instrument. The Universal Mode has modes (1-8) to Micro-Tune your Keyboards, Synthesizers, Software, and VSTs.
Owners of Kelfar Technologies AK-5 Pro SE can go beyond and record and save their Micro-Tuning performances by using Logic Pro, Cubase, Pro Tools, and other recording software that supports MIDI Pitch-Bend and Fine Tune data and share it with musicians across the globe. The AK-5 Pro SE can transmit all the processed MIDI data via its USB MIDI interface or the standard MIDI mini-jack.
AK-4 Pro SE Upgrade Kits
Owners of the AK-4 Pro Special Edition will be eligible for a free update to FIRMWARE 4.0. The free update will bring all the new features and functionality of the AK-5 Pro SE to the AK-4 Pro SE. Of course, the update does not offer a hardware modification such as a dedicated Midi In, 2 Midi Outputs and memory expansion. Kelfar Technologies will be offering an upgrade kit, a new motherboard and new overlay label to make your existing AK-4 Pro SE hardware upgraded to AK-5 Pro SE. Pricing and availability will be available soon on the bottom of this page.
Supported Instruments/Models Firmware 3.0 and Up
Korg Pa80, Pa50, Pa60, Pa55Tr, Pa1&2x (Pro), Pa800, Pa3x series, Pa4x series, Pa1000, PA700 series, Pa500, P500 ORT, Pa600, Pa600QT, Triton Classic, Karma, Studio, Extreme, Le, Tr, Micro X, X50, Kronos series (with firmware 2.3 and up), *M3 series, *Oasys, *Trinity, Korg Z1, and Korg Prophecy. *Trinity series works in all modes and MOSS mode in Universal Mode (with firmware 3.0 and up)
Roland Fantom S, X, G, AX-Synth Shoulder Synthesizer (with firmware 2.6 and up), and models with GS logo, FA-06/FA-07/ FA-08, EA-7
Yamaha Motif ES/MO (preset scale only – Arabic 2) and instruments with XG logo, Tyros/Psr series, Motif XS (Voice, Song, Pattern), and Motif XF (Voice, Song, Pattern), Genos, Montage6/Montage7/Montage8
Ketron VEGA, SD5, SD1, and AUDYA series
Kontakt with a provided script – Kontakt Script (Native Instruments) with Transpose
Kurzweil K2600 and K2000 series
MOOG Sub Phatty and Sub 37
DSI / SEQUENTIAL Prophet X, XL, Prophet 6, 12, Pro 2, and OB-6 (Post-Midi Transpose)
MIDI Tuning Standard firmware 3.0 and up
Equal Tempered Tuning System
Turkish (Byselik, Rast, Ussak, Nikirz, Saba, Huazm, Siga, and more)
Byzantine (Modes 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,and 8)
Arabic (Bayati, Rast, Siga, Huseini, Hijaz, and more)
FREE lifetime updates are also provided by Kelfar Technologies on this product. Please be sure to register your purchase our Contact Form.
Registration enables us to contact you directly to inform you of updates and upgrades.
AK-4 Manual (Firmware V3)
Firmware Version 3.0 (new 05/07/2019)
Graphic Interface for Windows
Ploytec GmbH MIDI USB drivers (Windows 32-/64-bit)
Korg Trinity V3 Firmware Guide
Programming and Setup: Yamaha GENOS
AK-4 Pro FIRMWARE 3 Instruments
Please note: Breath Controller and Expression Pedal are NOT included. These are available as a separate purchase from kelfar.net.
- (1) Dedicated MIDI Input (standard – 1/8″ to 5-pin din)
- (1) Dedicated MIDI Input via USB Interface Port2
- (1) Breath Controller/Expression Pedal (selectable when programming the AK-5 Pro)
- (2) MIDI Output via USB Interface (software selectable)
- (2) MIDI Output via Standard MIDI 1&M2 (1/8″ to 5-pin din)
- 5V USB bus power (USB Mini B)
- 5.5 x 3.6 x 1.1 in. / 139.7 x 91.4 x 27.9 mm
- 0.43lbs / 195g.
- (1) USB mini cable (1.2m/4ft)
- (2) 1/8″ to 5-pin din (MIDI) (1m/3.2ft and 1.5m/5ft)
TEMPORARILY OUT OF STOCK